The synopsis of the QuantOn Technology is to enable the safe and accurate analysis of common rapid test cassettes in a dynamic field yielding in a quantitative value.
To overcome the above mentioned challenges, we mainly went with the following solutions from start to finish.
- For the analysis of a rapid test, an illustration of the test cassettes is necessary. We call this the overlay, which must be drawn on the device to guide the user where to locate the device. Additionally, the overlay contains information about the features on the test cassette, i.e. batch information, sample drop, viewport where the test bands are visible. We have developed a flexible overlay creation process during which the main features of a rapid test cassette are positioned. These overlays can be created and rolled out in the field very fast.
- Since each device is different, we have implemented a process that must be enabled for each device individually to ensure correct and robust quantification. Therefore for each smartphone and medical product combination, a proof in terms of CV and recovery must be defined and found. Then the smartphone can be enabled remotely. So the app doesn’t need an update, nor a version is increased.
- We designed the technology itself as a software module and documented it accordingly.
- Due to different environments, we have implemented metrics. These metrics rate the environment the user is currently in and give further guidance if the analysis of said test cassette is disturbed and could lead to an incorrect value.
- We designed and developed a laboratory experience management tool for in-house measurements for incoming goods inspection, calibration of rapid tests, quarterly quality assessments for monitoring tests in the field, and for the device qualification process.
The outcome brings both some advantages and some disadvantages, which can be the subject of further improvements.